+44 (0) 20 7199 1060
History set us the challenge of creating a high-impact teaser promo for Amageddon Week – a season of programmes focused on prophecies about the end of the world. Combining post-production techniques with 3D animation, we created a suitably dramatic and impressive rendering of the entire planet being destroyed, with every aspect of the production completed in-house.
Index = 11
Index = 0
Index = 1
Index = 2
Index = 3
Index = 4
- History Armageddon Week
- History set us the challenge of creating a high-impact teaser promo for Amageddon Week – a season of programmes focused on prophecies about the end of the world. Combining post-production techniques with 3D animation, we created a suitably dramatic and impressive rendering of the entire planet being destroyed, with every aspect of the production completed in-house.
- Here’s a quick run through some of our finest moments in everything from channel idents and promos to commercials and online animations. All forms of moving image are here, with every detail crafted for maximum impact.
- Chivas Mizunara
- We were asked by our friends over at Schmick to create a 3D animation sequence that showcased the bottle and labeling for the new Chivas Mizurna whisky brand which would be featured in the product launch film.
As the film was produced before the product was launched we modeled everything from scratch using product prototypes to create an elegant and eye catching sequence that captured the classical elegance of the Mizurna brand.
- Hellmann's are celebrating 100 years of creamy lovely mayonnaiseyness by asking the Great British public to choose their Sandwich of the Century.
Beautiful were commissioned by our good friends at ESA to animate Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer discussing their favourite sandwiches to promote the campaign. Viewers can then click through to make their own Sandwich of the Century via an online flash app.
- all3media Rebrand
- Beautiful were selected to rebrand all3media, acknowledged by Televisual as the UK’s Number 1 ”super indie” 2013.
all3media group comprises of eighteen leading production companies responsable for a raft of programs that are household names both in the UK and abroad including Peep Show, Shameless, The Only Way is Essex and Hollyoaks.
We were asked not just to update a tired identity, but to re-cast a complex business as a single distinctive home for extraordinary talented and creative individuals. We searched for a forward-thinking inclusive identity, without losing the hard-earned reserves of value and goodwill built-up in the brand.
Our research and development resulted in an engaging solution and a comprehensive brand platform for all3media’s businesses – including international distribution – that has equipped them for growth in America and online.
Beautiful worked on the rebrand following a credentials pitch lead by off-air creative director Marcus Freeman.
- Disney Channel Top 10
- Following a competitive pitch Beautiful were tasked with branding Disney Channel Top 10, a new countdown show on Disney Channel.
The show features top 10 countdowns of Disney moments such as the top 10 Disney Movies. We thought about the wealth of great Disney content to pick from and created numbers that fill up with all the good stuff Disney has to offer until they are literally fit to burst.
Playing out in multiple territories the identity is text-free, using the countdown numbers for the identity.
- MTV Young and Married
- Young & Married is a brand new series on MTV based on young couples who have fallen in love and chosen to spend their life together. Mentorn Media commissioned this graphics package following a competitive pitch. Taking inspiration from the words of Ronan Keating - "love is a roller coster, you've just got to ride it" - we organised a photo shoot of a suitably MTV looking couple and used the stills to place them on 3D roller coaster representing the ups and downs of married life.
- Turner asked us to produce a bedtime branding block for their pre-school Cartoonito channel using their brand characters. We conceived a set of idents based on the Cartoonitos' dreams, each dream reflecting the character's personality and aspirations. Following the success of the channel branding work we were asked to create a set of follow up idents for Fairy Non-Bio's sponsorship of the bedtime block. For these we created a variety of scenarios where Bizzie (the iconic Fairy baby) interacted with the Cartoonito characters in a series of fun playful environments.
- London 2012 Olympics
- With an expected global audience of 4.8 billion viewers, the graphics package Beautiful created for the London 2012 Olympics will be by far our largest broadcast project to date.
Working with Lambie Nairn and the Olympics Broadcast Services (OBS) we produced a massive 289 animations across the 26 Olympic sports including apparatus run throughs, medal depictions and historical timelines. We modelled every single piece of equipment from footballs to rowing boats and made every field of play from swimming pools to equestrian horse jumping.
- Disney Channel Movies
- Disney Channel asked Beautiful to create a branding package to promote Disney Movies on Disney Channel.
Disney wanted a package that would brand movies as an event on the channel, and create an emotional connection with the audience around both their new blockbusters and the classic Disney catalogue.
We pitched an epic magical journey that, like Disney movies, would take the audience to different worlds.
Featured here is the main ident that plays out before the movie.
The music was composed by Rich Evans and Nik Haley at Sync Box.
- History Christmas Branding
- We’ve been providing on-air design services to History, the leading international channel for factual and history-related programming, since 2008. We’ve produced a huge range of promos, stings and idents since then including these wintery idents and OSP as part of their Christmas 2012 campaign.
- Express Yourself
- We try to give our designers time to work on self-initiated projects to learn new skills and express themselves.
This fluid piece of animation is by Joe, one of our senior designers using Next Limit's Real Flow software.
- Digi Film
- Digi Film is Romania's premium movie channel from Digi TV, offering a wide range of latest releases and a comprehensive library of quality films.
We produced all on-air elements including idents and OSP designed by our friends at Kemistry.
- Euro 2012
- Beautiful produced the official broadcast graphics for Europe’s largest football tournament – Euro 2012. Working with Lambie Nairn we delivered a broadcast toolkit that included the match graphics that will be shown throughout Euro 2012 by broadcasters across the world. This montage collects together the full range of our work which makes use of the distinctive colour palette and unique design elements from the Euro 2012 logo.
- Working with Dixon Baxi, we helped rebrand Watch – UKTV's flagship entertainment channel. The new brand positioning focused on exploring the extraordinary, to deliver a more exciting and dramatic experience for viewers. With this theme as our inspiration, we created a full set of OSP elements including bumpers, menus and a new promo toolkit.
- We rebranded Fox's FX channel, home of the hit shows True Blood, Dexter and Family Guy, using their distinctive 'tab' logo to create a unified look and feel across all on-screen branding and presentation elements. As well as a set of dynamic idents, combining CG animation with live action backdrops, we developed a full on-screen presentation package that brought the logo to life in rich, glossy 3D.
- Warner TV
- Since 2008, we’ve been creative agency of choice for Warner TV, Warner Brothers’ on-demand TV service for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We created the channel’s on-screen identity, and continue to work with them on promotional campaigns for their huge catalogue of hits like Friends, Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory. Working across territories, languages and formats, we manage every aspect of the production process – from initial concepts, script-writing and storyboarding to final production, audio, voiceovers and delivery.
- Disney Christmas Campaign
- We’ve worked with the team at Disney for many years, and were thrilled to be chosen for their 2011 Christmas campaign. To show how Disney Channel makes Christmas even more special, we developed the concept of a magical train journey home for Christmas.
The work began with creating a logo, style guide and key art that could be used across TV, print and online. Then we storyboarded, cast and shot the promo, combining live action with 3D animation and rotoscoped footage. The film told the story of an enchanting train journey through the snow, with children, Disney characters and the train itself working together to build and decorate a spectacular Christmas tree.
- Ben 10 vs Generator Rex
- Cartoon Network asked us to produce a commercial that brought together two of their biggest shows: Ben 10 and Generator Rex. Combining live action with character animation, the commercial featured two billboard posters showing the stars of each show, which then came to life and competed over who was the best superhero. We shot the back plates and then animated the characters by hand in Flash, before adding extra post effects in the final composite to unite the characters seamlessly with the real world.
- Liquid Simulation Reel
- A montage of some recent projects featuring liquid simulation.
- CI Crime & Punishment
- We have a long-standing partnership with the Crime and Investigation Network (CI), a UK channel offering factual programming around crime, investigation and mystery.
This promo was for Crime and Punishment, a show that follows the stories of crimes from first detection to the arrest, trial, judgment and sentence. We took the image of falling dominoes to symbolise the way one crime sets off a sequence of events. Built in dynamic 3D, with a strong palette of red and white, the animation not only dramatises the idea of the show, but also powerfully reinforces the CI branding.
Our work with CI has received fantastic recognition with this promo awarded bronze for 'Best Design' at the 2010 Promax UK Awards and CI winning silver for ‘Channel Brand Of The Year’ at the 2011 Promax Europe Awards.
- Disney Lucky Saturdays
- Our long-term clients at Disney Channel asked us to create idents and a promo for Lucky Saturdays, a ‘Watch and Win’ competition spot on Saturday mornings. The brief was to create a futuristic ‘land of plenty’ which kids could explore and interact with, to win prizes. We designed the logo and developed a set of moodboards and style frames, then storyboarded, cast and shot the promo. The kids were filmed in a green-screen studio, before being composited into a colourful 3D graphic environment where they interacted with different shapes to discover and win prizes.
- MTV Reality Pop Star
- One of the world’s best-loved entertainment brands, MTV was our first client, and we’re proud to be working with them still. Over the years, we’ve worked on everything from channel rebrands to title sequences and individual promo campaigns. Whatever the solution, it’s grounded in the distinctive MTV combination of cutting-edge design and youthful, leftfield irreverence. We produced this promo for their ‘Nation’s Favourite Reality Popstars’ countdown, which was directed by Louise Cousins with Beautiful managing managing all aspects of the shoot and post production. The promo was awarded sliver at the 2010 World Promax Awards.
- We were appointed to manage the design, branding, graphics and animation for 50 Days Of Summer, a series of programmes created by Coca-Cola and 4Music that reported on music events across the UK. Working carefully to integrate the brand values of both partners, we produced a logo and graphic branding elements that appeared across the entire campaign. We also created an animated 60-second competition spot, as well as graphic packaging for all the TV broadcasts throughout the summer.